Thursday, July 16, 2009

Baby Blueberry


First off I appologize for the lack of a featured member this week. My wife and I are expecting our first little munchkin any day now. Our actual due date was last Friday July 10th so we are starting to get a little antsy. When we started this great nine month journey to the miracle of life we were told the baby was the size of a blueberry, we are now past that time and my wife just read she is the size of a watermellon which sounds quite a bit more intimidating I have to admit.

So this week I am looking to you our readers to leave me suggestions on how to get her out to enjoy this beautiful sunny Portland weather. Feel free to leave comments here or email businessonabike@gmail.com. So far we have tried the traditional fair of walking (even pirate walking), eating spicy food, resting, exhaustion, etc.

I hope to be able to get back to the posts next week and Bill will be there for a ride tomorrow as I will be visiting the Dr with my wife at the time of the ride hoping to be admitted for delivery. I thank you in advance and hope to get back to business on a bike as usual in the coming weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Here some suggestions for you, at the risk of being needlessly provocative "sex" (which is on the list) was the magic inducer for us:

    http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,5329,00.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went 48 hours after my wife's water broke, and tincture of Blue/Black Cohosh may have done the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acupuncture.

    http://brooklyncommunityacupuncture.com/index.html

    The clinic I go to has a "labor induction" package. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the advise. Acupuncture is on the list of things and thank you for the Brooklyn acupuncture, it is close to where we live so it now moved to the top of the list. We will also be asking about Cohosh tomorrow at our apointment and needless to say we have tried your suggestion Milagros. Thank you

    ReplyDelete